He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

There are things in this life that I have to let go of. Do you ever feel the Lord shut a certain door in your life? I do! Yes, we feel He opens doors but Im a firm believer that He also shuts them! There are things that have been going on in my life that have just caused me to hurt more. The book Im reading talks about "broken hearts are more vulnerable; they must be guarded more carefully!" When someone wants to come in my life and take all I have left... all I have to say is, Lord Help me! He hears my cry! He has shut the door and has held the key! "He will fight my battles for me, I need only to be still!" Exodus 14:14
Its not fair for me to have to put up with situations like this. I feel I can honestly say, Ive gone through enough. How dare you make your problem bigger than my son! And then expect me to come hold your hand when Im the one needing the hand held. Im hanging on by a thread (or slippy rope is more like it)! I dont want my heart to grow hard toward God because I couldnt handle the pressures of this life. I will "take heart, because He has overcome the world."John 16:33  I want to take it one step at a time. I can only focus on one part of my life at a time right now. I want to grow closer to the Lord because of this pain. I want the Lord to be the ONE I rely on. I want to experience His mercy more than ever!
Cricket~

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14
 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

0 comments:

Post a Comment