He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Family

I was listening my 70's and 80's music and I was reminded of summers spent at my Mimi and Granddaddys in Dothan. All those mornings looking out the windows while eating breakfast and Mimi calling granddaddy saying - Ed, cows are out again, driving the red truck with granddaddy, walking a million miles up and down that dirt drive way, trying to keep up with my brother Chase and cousin Josh, jumping fences and playing in the field next to the house in Montgomery, talking all night about who knows what with Mallorie and Courtney, Brooke trying to keeping us in line, going to Water World, having Cam, Ryan, Josh, Chase and Granddady make you laugh til you pee your pants..... I miss those days! I miss sitting around the table, hearing old stories about my Gran leaving her sister on the porch naked because my Gran waits for no one. I never get tired of that one! Spending the night at Grans (because Im sure Mimi needed at break from all us crazy grandkids) trying to sit her awful green couch that was made out of this slick fabric, that you slid off of every time you tried sitting on it. I want that couch! Mimi telling us, in her sweet voice, beds were for sleeping not for sitting. No naps in the day! Now that I have kids, I understand why that is. I understand alot of things. I learned so much from them before I understood I needed it. I look back on all the advice that I didnt think I needed at the time but now I treasure those conversations. All these important people that have help mold me into the person I am. I miss the way things were! Life was simple before I understood the way things truly are! While I dont wish to be a kid again, I do wish that I could re-live some moments! I cant wait to see everyone this weekend at my sisters wedding. My family is very important to me! Hope they all are there if they can be! I know there will be alot of family that cant be there. My cousin Ryan is serving in Afghanistan . I know he cant wait to come home and we cant wait for him to be home! So many sweet family members that have already gone to be with the Lord. My Granddaddy, Liam and Tate. I cant even begin to imagine the beauty and wonders that they see! We will miss you more than words could express!
Cricket~

0 comments:

Post a Comment