He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kevin James Jones

Today, five years ago I gave birth to the most beautiful little baby boy. He was 8lbs and had a head full of black hair! I remember the first thing I thought when they handed him to me was- how in the world am I supposed to care for this baby. I had no clue what I was doing. Daivd and I had been married 10 months and I had just turned 21. Being a new, young mom was hard! Thankfully I had David. We had to learn how to care for this little life that the Lord entrusted us with. Over the passed five years, he has taught me how to do everything as a mommy, how to fix sippy cups like a pro, how to make boo-boos better, how to find a paci in the middle of the night, because we only have one that is the "right"one, how to discipline, but most importantly how to love unconditionally. As a parent you give everything you have to make them happy and work hard at everything because it makes their life better. I may have looked at him with fear in my eyes that day but I loved him more than anything in the entire world. He has helped mold me as mommy. Thank you Lord for my Kev!








Playing putt-putt





I am so  proud of Kevin! He has really grown up over the last 3 months. He is so protective of his sister and he loves his baby brother Tate. Every night that we say our prayers he never forgets to thank Jesus for his baby brother Tate and that hes happy hes in heaven. It makes me sad to know they wont get to do things in life together but I know we will all see him soon. I pray that Tates testimony continues and helps Kevin grown in life. He is such an amazing son and brother! We couldnt be more proud!

Happy Birthday Kevin

We spent the weekend doing anything and everything Kevin wanted. We played putt-putt Saturday and Sunday we went to the Lake. We are blessed to have 2 aunts who have lake houses with the works. Boats, sea doos, floats and tubes....anything and everything! He had so much fun on the seados and swimming in the lake! I, myself am a little weirded out by the lake water but it was a good weekend for our family!








~Cricket

3 comments:

Cindy Jones said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!!!!

Shalita said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEVIN!!!!

Cricket, I too am "weirded out" by lake water! Bobby and the girls love it and I just take it because I have to (usually riding in a boat). It sounds like a fun weekend of celebrating such a special little man!

Thanks for sharing!!

Emily said...

hope he had a very special birthday! he is one handsome little man! :)
and i'm like you... i'm not a fan of swimming, etc. in lake water either! lol.
continuing to keep you and your precious family in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless! :)

http://blessed-wife-and-mommy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment