He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Friday, August 19, 2011

Im making a few changes to the blog. I want to change the name of my blog and heres why.... One is that Ive never liked the name 'The Southern Cricket'. I named it that because I, at the time thought I would be blogging about decorating and thrift store finds but now I feel HE had me start this blog to tell His story. He was preparing me to write my heart. So thats why I have decided to change it. Still not sure on the name but I have a few ideas. Maybe you all can help me with it! So here is a little story for yall to help me decided.
We knew from the time Tate was diagnosed with Trisomy 18 that his life on earth could be short. Throughout pregnancy we always felt the Lords presence in our lives, but much, much more than we ever expected. We felt we were called to be Tates parents. The Lord knew we would love him no matter the diagnoses. As the months of pregnancy went by we started to understand, through much prayer, the Lords decision to use us. It was up to us, through Tates life to tell about the Lords mercy and grace. Through blogging it helped me grow as a christian, as a mother and as a person in general. I wanted to shout from the mountain tops what a Mighty God we serve, yes, even through this terrible situation! We prayed and prayed and prayed for our son. We prayed that His will be done and that His Glory would shine through this situation! We prayed for our son to be healed IF it was the Lords will! We felt over time that the Lord was telling us, Tates time here with us would be short but of course, we never knew exactly how long that would be. Would it be just pregnancy, minutes after birth, or would he go home? All we could do was have faith that the Lords will would be done and pray for understanding.
I put myself in the word of God everyday. I wanted the Lord in every second of my life. I knew without Him I wouldnt be able to handle what was going to happen. My prayer life became better and my life became better. The Lord was working in my heart during this time! Im not sure at what point I started thinking differently about Tates time. I started getting things ready for him to come home. All those months of being told he would NOT come home by so many doctors, I stopped and listened to the Lord and I felt he gave me a peace about Tates time. I started praying for time with Tate more and more. I wanted him so badly and I just wanted a little time with the little boy who changed my life. Because of this little boy, I then and still now have the best relationship with the Lord and to me thats the greatest gift of all. As my pregnancy was coming to an end, the Lord blessed me with this calmness! He wrapped His loving arms around us and walked us through the valley! Tate died the day he was born and the Lord brought him back to us. That was the Lord showing His power! It was God who gave Tate life that day not a machine or a doctor! 53 days with Tate is more than anyone ever expected. All things are made possible with the Lord! After 2 days in the hospital we took Tate home and loved on him for 51 days! Even though Tate is gone, the Lord Granted me what I asked of Him..Time with Tate. The Lord GRANTED us and the world 53 days of His awesome Wonders through Baby Tate! Im thankful that the Lord found favor with David and I to be Tates parents! What an honor it is! Tate may have never said one word but his eyes said I love you every time I looked at him and I know the Lord looks into my heart and sees my pain and he will one day wash it all away and give the ultimate reward...Heaven! Where time with Tate is for all eternity! Im thankful the Lord saw who I could become when he chose me to be Tates mom and not the person I was. I pray that I can continue to make the Lord smile upon me and use this blog to show even through heartache comes joy. While I am still heartbroken, I look forward to the Joy that comes in the morning! Our lives are forever different because of one little innocent baby! Isnt that true for everyone! 
Thank you Lord for granting me what I asked of you! Those 53 days were the best days of my life!   


 I prayed fro this child, and the Lord granted me what I asked of Him.-1 Samuel 1:27

New Blog name-
"Granted Fifty-Three"
"Fifty-Three Granted"
"Granted Me with Fifty-Three"
-not sure because it wasnt just me? but the verse says "me"
"Fifty-Three Blessings"
just "Fifty-Three"
-yes I like 53 spelled out : )
I would use "Time with Tate" but I have other plans for that title....
tell me what you think?

You will still be able to type in "thesoutherncricket.blogspot.com"
just trying to find a new title
I hope this isnt going to be confusing!



3 comments:

angela said...

Thank you for sharing sweet Baby Tate with all of us. He has changed the way I pray.
I like Fifty-three days of Grace and Fifty-three Blessings.

Emily said...

praying for you and your family often! thank you for sharing Tate's precious life with us!

i like "He Granted Me With Fifty-Three". :)

Shalita said...

I thought it would be "Time with Tate," but you answered that already. I can't wait to see how you use that...

I like Fifty-three Blessings!

Thank you for blessing us and sharing the story of precious Baby Tate!

Post a Comment