He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Tuesday, July 5, 2011


1 Corinthians 2:5 ... trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God.

Its 3 o'clock in the morning and Im sitting here with Tate in my lap and the computer on the table trying to have some quite time with the Lord. I just wrote about having writers block and the Lord has already laid something on my heart to share.
I want to make since of all that has happened in the past 3 and half weeks. I fear I will never make since of it all. The Lord has given us time with Tate and Im afraid Im not strong enough to do what the Lord has given me to do. The Lord has placed this amazing gift in my hands and Im afraid Im not going to tell it right.
 Tonight I feel the Lord lead me to read 1 Corinthians 2 1-16 Pauls message about wisdom-
Even though Paul was a brilliant scholar and could have blown away the people he taught with his knowledge, he shared the Lords message in a more simple way. The Holy Spirit will give power to our words and use them to bring glory to Jesus. I have worried that some how my 'oh so simple' way of trying to express how wonderful our God is, its looked at as sometimes being unintelligent. BUT I should look at the bigger picture. Even in my "simple" writing, the Lords message will shine through.
 I am just a simple stay at home mom. The Lord has blessed David and I with Tate. He has touched so many lives. On 'Prayers for Baby Tate' there are over 600 followers and thats only a small number of people that have committed to praying for Tate. Because of Tate, if one person only prayed ONE time...They PRAYED (the bigger picture).
 Someone sent my brother an email that touched me so deeply, she said " I just wanted you to know that there are many people who are praying for baby Tate and have never laid eyes on him. God has a special plan for his little life and it is already being fulfilled. God's children coming together and praying over this beautiful child is such a wonderful thing. Please tell cricket we are praying and we have seen a miracle"
Its so touching to know that we have so many people praying for our miracle. We dont know how long we have with Tate, but Tate is fulfilling is purpose! I pray the Lord gives me the wisdom to tell Tates story and that gives Him and only Him the Glory!

1 Corinthians 2:5 ... trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God.

I see this verse in 2 different lights.
1) When Tate was born, the "doctors wisdom" told us that Tate had an 85% chance of being stillborn and if not stillborn we would have minutes maybe hours with him.....But "Gods power" has out done anything we ever imagined. 27 days with Tate so far...What an Awesome and POWERFUL God we serve!
2) Like I said in the post I am not the best writer but if the Lord has laid something on my heart to share, his glory will shine through my "simple" writing. I pray the Lord will give me the right words to say that give Him glory!

This is about what our nights/mornings are like. A little quite time and watching the Home Shopping Network or some old re-run of Reba.



2 comments:

Angie said...

God bless you! Happy 4 weeks to baby Tate!! God is truly speaking through you. We are continuing to pray for your family!

Andy said...

hi-i am a college friend of sarah's and found your blog through prayers for tate. there are many people we have told tate's story to and are praying. from huntsville alabama to washington state. thank you for sharing your heart with us. it was perfectly beautiful.

Post a Comment