He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yesterday Tate turn 2 WEEKS OLD!!!
This has been a better week. Our hospice care was on 24 crisis care, starting this week we only have a nurse that will come out once a week. The nurse comes out and says Tate looks good, real real good! We are still moment by moment with him but you cant help and say PRAISE THE LORD when his color looks better, he doesnt need his O2 as much, hes eating from a bottle, sucking a paci and eating more. Hes gone from 2-3 cc's every 2 hours to 14-25 cc's every 2-3 hours! Hes growing! Thank you for your prayers!

Please keep those AWESOME prayer coming!
  • I talked to our pediatric nurse yesterday and they think we need talk to the nicu doctor before they see him but Tate was never "checked out" by any doctor other than a few...well several nicu doctors that came in to look at the baby "born lifeless" and tell us what they thought of him. We were sent home with nothing. Tate never spent one min. in the nicu. We only talked to a nicu dr. several weeks before delivery to discuss our comfort care only birth plan. No one thought that Tate would be here this long and be doing so well. So I will be calling UAB soon to say -hey Praise the Lord Tate is still here...now what?!
  • David and I are so tired! My mom is still here so she is helping SO SO much! I feel so bad for sleeping. I want to watch Tate every second of the day! I feel he needs me. I know I need to sleep so I can better take care of him, but you mothers out there who have lost a child and have gone through this know what Im talking about. I will not waste a minute. Thats why I havent gotten on here to write as much because it takes time away!
  • David is still home from work. We feel the Lord will provide all we need. We feel Tate is here to show His Power and Grace and that He still performs miracles everyday!
  • Please pray that the Lords Will be done with Tates life!!

I meant to post this last night but forgot to push the post button. forgive me, Im really not all here.

David is taking a nap with Tate so I thought I would give everyone an update but to be honest I dont have a clue what day its is or what time its is. My computer is telling me it 2:30am but I dont think thats right....I cant tell you how tired I am! I havent slept in in 12 days. I will sleep later! I have too much to look at. I have the sweetest little boy that I could just stare at forever. One day Im going to be able to sit and update everything that has happened but until then THANK YOU for your prayers! They help more than I can say! There arent enough thank yous in the world! We have had some bad days and some good days. We are learning Tates personality. He is so sweet! Hes been having some tummy troubles! He needs to have a poopy diaper. He hasnt had one in 5days! Hes breathing is sometimes shallow. Its very nerve racking to watch. Hes had a few episodes where he'll completely stop breathing. This is how we were told Tate would pass. Because of the extra chromosome in each cell Tate will have breathing apnea. Its excruciating to watch. There is still so much "unknown" and we dont understand alot of things but we are trusting the Lord! He has a plan for Tates life and all we can do is trust!

    4 comments:

    Tiffany said...

    Awww sweet boy! Happy 2 week birthday buddy! Prayers continue for you and your family!

    Shalita said...

    Happy Birthday AGAIN, Sweet Tate!!! I LOVE typing those words!!! Mrs. Beth text some sweet pictures of you today and when my girls saw them, they kissed you! You are GREATLY LOVED and GREATLY PRAYED FOR!!!

    Emily said...

    hi, Cricket.
    you don't know me, but i've been following your blog since i first heard your story several months ago from Lesley DeVaughn at EMBC's momMEtime. i just wanted to let you know that i have been praying for you and your family, and i am so thankful to see/hear how God has been working in Tate's life. he is truly a living miracle, and it is such a blessing to be on this journey with you and your family in prayer. i know you are so busy and exhausted, but thank you for taking the time to update us when you can and let us know that Tate is still doing well. continuing to pray for you all. God bless! :)
    Emily Price
    http://blessed-wife-and-mommy.blogspot.com

    Laine said...

    Tate you are so loved and so handsome! We do not stop praying little buddy!

    Post a Comment