He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Monday, May 23, 2011

Tate Update May 23rd

Today we had our check up with Dr. D! I really like him. He's so understanding. I was very nervous about the appointment. As I have said in my last post, I feel some of the doctors have already given up. They see this all the time and the outcome is always the same. I went in this time knowing I was going to get (better) answers and let them know where I stood on everything. After about two and half hours of waiting, the doctor came in and was ready to answer my questions! We have a new due date, June 10th. Its my aunts birthday and my Mimi and Granddaddys anniversary. Dr. D also said that now is when we might start to see  my blood pressure go up. He says their not sure why really, but in most tri-18 cases, it usually has to do with the placenta not being very strong. I told him we havent had an ultrasound to check Tates size in about 6 weeks, so he let me have one today. We talked about the bigger Tate is the better. My tummy measures 37 1/2 weeks. Now that we have a new due, my tummy measures just about on target. HES GROWING! I think that should mean his placenta is better than normal tri-18 cases. He is obviously getting the nutrition he needs. We also talked about fluid levels. The levels could become too dangerous for Tate to stay in the womb, so there is a possibility of us being induced.  So we are going to watch his  fluid levels and my blood pressure levels. Praying they both stay at a good level so Tate can grow as much as possible. We go back in a week. I wont get to see Dr. D again before delivery so I would like to ask that you pray for the doctors we will see. Pray that they are more compassionate to our situation.

Prayer Request:
  • Tates fluid levels stay normal
  • My blood pressure stays normal
  • more compassion from doctors
  • that Tate will continue to grow
  • Tate will come home
  • COMPLETE HEALING!
  • David is really backed up at work. Hes been going to ALL my appointments with me, he never misses one. He is an amazing man! I dont know what I would do without him. Im starting to see this effect him now. He has been so strong throughout this entire time! Please pray he can get all this work done. I know he worries about work. He wants to do his best at everything and sometimes I feel he just spreads himself too thin. Please pray that when Tate arrives, he wont have to worry about work and can focus on Tate!

What a chunky monkey!



2 comments:

Becca said...

June 10th is my birthday too :)

Always praying for you five! I couldn't sleep very well last night so I prayed several times for you all and for your appointment. So glad it was a good experience!

BTW, I love the new pictures! What a handsome boy!

Laine said...

He is beautiful, Cricket! I'm so thankful he is growing!

Post a Comment