He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Lord works in mysterious ways!


I was sitting in the den reading a book called I will Carry You (crying my eyes out) while the kids were napping.   
I asked for your prayers a few days ago and I was battling with whether or not to write hospital bills on there. None of the reasons were that important but I put it up anyway. 
I know alot of you have been asking me for specific prayer request so you can pray specifically!
It has been a quite day! But I just got a random call from the UAB billing department!
She asked questions about our address, my date birth and if our insurance was with BCBS.
 I was thinking ok this is when we set up a payment plan.
- Im calling you regarding your level two ultrasound bill.
Me- yes we got in the mail.
- You have Blue Cross right?
Me- Yes thats right...
-We are just letting you know that today we are doing courtesy calls. Your bill was never filed to your insurance. We are going to send it over to them. Is that ok?
I couldnt believe I was so worried what people would think of me if I asked for prayer about bills. My insurance should cover up to 80% of our bills (except for ultrasound) We praise the Lord for answering our prayers!  Thank you for taking time to pray for us SPECIFICALLY!

 Last night we were thinking when it rains it pours! Our heater went out! As we sat in a cold den last wrapped up in a blanket and the kids asleep in their warm beds with little space heaters, we were thinking, this situation has brought us so much closer to the Lord! We trust Him completely!! Later last night the heater started working after David went outside to fidget with it. If you know David he LOVES to fidget! The kids were in their beds and I went out to see if he needed help with holding the flash light. As the snow fell on us we sat there in complete awe of the Lord! It was so beautiful outside!
 I feel Ive learned so much these past few weeks! Whether Im worried about something as small as the heater, hospital bills, or as big as my child's life, the Lord is always there and will provide peace and understanding to our every need!!!  I dont know what the Lord as in store for our family in coming months but I pray everyday for the wisdom to know how to bring Him all the glory no matter the outcome!! I have never been more scared and at peace at the same time. But I do know the Lord is my refuge and strength in this time of unknown, even when I feel I have nothing left!


 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:25-27


"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
"
Psalm 46:1


"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."
John 14:1


  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30



2 comments:

The Murray's said...

The Lord is watching over your family night and day!
Love y'all so much, and praying always!

Lesley said...

Beautiful post! God will not only teach you much through this process but He will use you to teach others as well, if you let Him. He loves us so much and is intimately involved in our lives and needs...big and small.
Praying every single day.

Post a Comment