He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Saturday, January 29, 2011

How To Let God Solve Your Problems!

I'm reading a book by Charles Stanley called How To Let God Solve Your Problems.

Its as if the Lord put this book in my hand and said read this. This is whats going to help you!
I have been searching my heart trying to "hear" what the Lord wants me to do with this situation. This book is exactly what I needed to read. I have never be more aware of the Lord "speaking" to me. I read it and I feel I cant wait to turn the page. I'm reading about Paul, John, David and Job-all these stories about what they went through and its as if its the first time Ive heard their story. I'm someone who was raised in church and go to church now. I cant believe I feel this way. This doesn't talk on one subject of "problems" you could be going through a completely different situation and feel this book is talking to you.
The back of the book says:
You may be in the midst of an emotional hurricane right now wondering , can anything good come out of this situation?
In How to Let God Solve You Problems, Stanley demonstrates how God allows times of trial for a number of reasons:
  • To turn your attention back toward Him
  • To adjust your priorities
  • to purify and prepare you for greater service
  • To better form you into His image
  • To grant you the experience of His comfort

Ive had some really bad days this week and today I feel so much peace!
I know we have so many wonderful people praying for us and I can feel the peace and comfort.
I took the kids to the park, made lunch, put them down for naps and instead of turning on the tv to watch some decorating show I opened this book. I cant explain what I feel. I guess a peace and understanding of what the Lord is having me see. I may not be all the way there to understanding everything but I have been asking why and its comforting to know the Lord DOES hear me. He wants my time in this situation to be on Him. I pray for more days like this!
We want to thank the people who have written us letters, emails and countless Facebook messages! I didnt know how much they would mean to be until I got them. You think about if I were ever in "that situation" people trying to tell me their thinking of me wont make a difference! But Im here to tell you it does! I cant believe the out pour of love from so many friends, family and people we really dont know that well. Not just on prayers, email, or letters, but on helping us with dinners! Its so amazing and we will never be able to say enough thank yous!

1 comments:

Ellen said...

i wanted to be like you - stay at home mum with kids- but alas my husband has in infertility issue and we are experiencing difficulty and getting a baby. sad but true. wish you the best.

Post a Comment