He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Monday, January 31, 2011

Big or Small I'll take it!

The Lord is amazing!!!
We went to see a pediatric cardiologist at UAB today!
We knew this appointment wasnt going to rule out Tri-18 but we we're hopeful for some kind of good news! This appointment was to figure out what kind of heart defect Tate has. Sometimes you can tell if the heart defect is caused by a chromosomal problem or just a normal congenital heart defect. We'll what Tate has is called a AV canal. It is common in a healthy baby and a Trisomy baby. So that didnt really help us know if this was a Tri-18 problem. We always knew that his heart was "fixable". If he doesnt have Tri-18 then he wont have to have surgery til hes 2 months! David and I just went on to ask a few questions and David remembered last week we were told that Tate's heart valves were going the WRONG way. Well this week he said the heart valves going the RIGHT way!!!! I just smiled. I couldnt believe after all this bad news we were finally getting some GOOD news!!!
I prayed before we went in, that the Lord would just give us some kind of good news. I cant take anymore bad! I feel the Lord knows that Ive had my share of bad lately and it was just time to show me that HE IS STILL IN CONTROL and He hears my prayers!
I want someone to tell me prayer doesnt work!!!
I know the Lord is capable of anything! I know we dont have an answer yet with Tri-18 but today I had a good day! One day at a time!!! We now know that instead of heart surgery for Tate within days of his life we can wait til hes 2 months.
Thank you Thank you for all your prayers!!!! Keep them coming!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

PTL!

Lesley said...

I don't really know you that well...I know your family. As a mother, my heart just bleeds for you. I have been praying every single day since I heard about little Tate and I was thrilled when Clay told me this good news. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying and I put a link on my blog for my friends to be praying for you as well. I am so anxious to see what God does. I pray it blows us all away.
Love in Christ,
Lesley DeVaughn
www.devaughn4.blogspot.com

Mallorie and Matt said...

GOD IS GOOD!! ♥ you!!!

Angie said...

You do not know me personally, but I know your family. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and baby Tate. I follow Lesley DeVaughn's blog and she spoke of a prayer request and a link to come to your blog. Please know that we as a family will pray without ceasing for you and your little one. God is so good and is definitely carrying your family through this! I will continue to check your blog to find specific ways to pray for you.
Blessings,
Angie

Post a Comment