He shot His arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I DARE to Hope when I remember this: The UNFAILING Love of the Lord NEVER ENDS! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
Lamentations 3:13,19-22

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hobbies...


I have a major hobby....Decorating! I love it! My favorite thing to do is paint furniture! David calls me the spray paint queen. I enjoy taking a piece of furniture that no one wanted and making it beautiful again! I'm a BIG fan of distressed furniture!



Kevin's "new" dresser

This was a plain white old dresser. I painted it blue and distressed with brown. The knobs were painted white. I scraped the paint off and they were this beautiful brass finish. Perfect! I love how it turned out. The best part is ...it cost NOTHING! I used what I had. Sorry I forgot to take a before pic. I'm in the process of turning his room into a big boy room. He loves everything baseball so I wanted to give him something with a little more personality. A vintage baseball theme. I think this dresser will look amazing with everything else I have collected.  

Allie Faiths Big Girl Bed...

 Before


 After





Allie Faiths Tea Time Chairs...
Krylon has a spray paint made just for plastics :O)
  




Found this at the Thrift Store for $5.00
Before


*I love something that looks like its been setting in a barn for years
Just my own personal thing. I understand everyone has their own sense of style. Throw a few antique book in with it and a lamp and your done! *

After 


Thrift Store Bench


Before


                                                                              
After



Dinning Room Table and Chairs

Before


After

This is what the dining room looks like today.
*If you know me then you know that I LOVE LOVE to move my furniture around! I just feel our house is my office. I'm the one who has to look at it all day so if I feel the need for a change I just move something around! It cost nothing and it feels like you got something! *


I have so many more. I will post more soon!




Here's what a little paint can do:
*theses are not mine....wish they were but....sadly their not*




How cute! Be creative

I love this color of this one. Be BOLD!!!

I Almost had a heart attack over this one :O)

Cant wait to try this one. I need a new dresser in my room. Its so feminine.
I love the color on this one. I definitely can see this going in my house.

Don't be afraid...go for it. Just make sure its not antique!




-Cricket

1 comments:

Clayton James said...

I'm glad I finally found your blog! I have beautiful niece and nephew and a sister that is a huge encouragement to me! Love you so much Cricket! You've made your home so beautiful, you're the best!

Post a Comment